Who amongst us is not tempted by the mystique of remote islands? Last November I joined a voyage down through New Zealand’s sub-Antarctic islands to Australia’s own Macquarie Island and back. Heritage Expeditions operates this expedition cruise using a Russian research vessel. Inhabited only by a few transient – and dedicated – researchers, the NZ […]
- Cambodia’s forests ravaged to feed the fickle fads of China’s middle class
- One place in SE Asia that I haven’t yet been… and perhaps may never
- What’s wrong with Qantas?
- China without the training wheels…
- The Chinese Adventures of Gege and Didi
- Exploring the Ozarks
- To Caucasus, the End of all the Earth *
- Singapore: soap opera, smoke and spirits
- Ins and Outs of Thai Etiquette
- Tell Them to Get Lost: Back on the Banana Pancake trail
- Japan: Still Sometimes Lost in Translation
- Run a Half Marathon in Port Douglas: what was I thinking?
adventure articles Asia Asian Australia borders Cambodia Canada Chinese Cruise desert Egypt England European Fiona Harper freelance Graham Simmons Himalaya history house swapping images India Indian Kathmandu Lonely Planet Nepal nonprofit overland Philip Game photographer photography security social media South East subcontinent technology travel travel journalists travel lessons travel philosophy travel writer travel writing Vietnam wildlife writing